When is it time to break up in a long term (3.5 year) relationship?

Anonymous
We’ve been together since we were 17, and as things are getting more serious, I’m wondering if I should leave before it gets too complicated.
I was best friends with him for years before we started dating, so he’s been a huge part of my life for 6 years. We’re talking about moving in together a little after we both graduate, but I guess things have gotten stale and confusing recently. We don’t have the money to live on our own nor we will we have enough right after we graduate, so we have to continue seeing each other at our parents houses for a couple more years, when we’ve already been doing this for almost 4 years. In my head I can’t see us doing this for 2 more years, because we’re adults, but still living under our parents rules. It just seems like we haven’t progressed in a while, even though I would like to move out with him and have our own life together. I’m also feeling conflicted because I have guys message me on fb and one guy who recently messaged me is someone I’ve been thinking about. I would never cheat, but this guy seems to have a lot more in common with me than my current boyfriend. I love him to death, but we’ve only ever been with each other, so I don’t know if there’s a better match out there for both of us. Maybe this staleness is adding to my curiosity, but I don’t know what to do. I want to be living with my boyfriend, but I can’t see us continuing on like this for 2 more years. Our relationship just hasn’t seemed to progress for a while and I feel slightly bored. We’re both full time students with part time jobs so it also doesn’t leave much quality time together. I feel he’s also been slightly distant lately and I’m not sure if it’s because he’s busy or what. All these things have been really making me question us and our relationship.
3
0