I confronted him in a lie. We didn’t even fight he just started ignoring me and went back to his ex he didn’t even like. Why?

Anonymous
When my ex was trying to get back together with me. He told me that I was prettier than the last girl he was dating. That he didn’t want to be a step dad (she had kids) and that they didn’t get along very well. Kinda douche I know and I certainly don’t think I’m any better than her. He told me she was a rebound from me. Well I found out that they actually dated anyear broke up (dated me foe
four months again trying to rekindle) went back to her for six months then try to come back to me. I confronted him with this variation of the truth and he dissapeared, no fight, nothing. Went back to his ex that he didn’t seem to like. But my question is if you feel this why run back to her so easily and ignore me like I don’t exist. He was telling me things like he cared deeply for me and he wanted to go to therapy and that we should have gotten married a long time before now he can’t even reply to a message
1
1