Confusing break-up: end of honeymoon phase, panic mode or did my boyfriend actually fell out of love with me?

So my boyfriend since 6 months broke up with me 3 weeks ago. I'm 40, he's 41. We had an AMAZING relationship, I met his kids/family/friends and he said he wanted a future with me. After acting weird for about a week, he told me he thought we were in different places in life since he decided he doesn't want more kids after all and couldn't imagine himself living with someone again (he was married for many years). I asked him twice if he still loved me and the answer was yes, it didn't have anything to do with his feelings for me. I said a pretty nasty thing.. that it must all have been fake then, him saying he loves me but still wanting to leave now - which made him sad.

The next day, it was a different story.. now he suddenly claimed that what he'd said the day before was only an excuse and he'd actually fallen out of love with me. No answer as to when and why and he was also acting super cold.. like a completely different person. I think my reaction was pretty good, of course I cried, but asked if he'd consider us taking a break to reset.. to which he answered he didn't know.

I decided to go no contact on him.. got a text a few days later asking me how I was doing. I said I'm fine (not true) and he replied that he was just a bit worried about my well-being and I should contact him if I needed anything, to which I didn't reply back. Since then - nothing. We still follow each other on Instagram (I deleted all pictures of him and us), but he's not watching my stories or liking my pics. I liked one of him yesterday, no reaction to that either. Also he's still got some of my stuff and hasn't removed our monthly joint Google calendar reminder for our inaugural date.

I can't figure out if he really doesn't love me anymore or what it's all about? If he's quiet because he doesn't care or he's angry with me for the cold response to his text and for deleting pictures. And why would he keep the stuff and calendar invite? Should I reach out to him and stop NC? I so want him back!
4
1