Is the silent treatment a form of mental abuse?

In a way, I think I learned how to hurt people from my ex. I realize that he had calculated how to hurt me in the worst way possible. I didn’t understand why anyone would want to act this way until after I got hurt. It’s a reaction. When you feel that someone has broken you, you desire a level of power in each new relationship that will always give you the leverage you need to break the other person first. And I think that’s why my ex had a tendency of yanking his love away from me whenever I so much as voiced an opinion that didn’t coincide with his own. He would do this to make me feel insignificant, and whenever I tried to leave he would shower me with all the love I knew he was capable of just to have the ability to break up with me before I could break up with him. Only he didn’t break up with me, he discarded me. No explanation, no talk, he just disappeared. And I understood afterwards that when you don’t get revenge on someone who has broken you, you feel a desire to hurt the next person who tries you. You have to resist this urge and relearn to love yourself before you date again or you will experience this anger in your next relationships. I am pretty sure he has experienced this kind of abuse because you don’t just know how to act this way, you learn it. You see the effect it has on people and you think that you either eat or get ate. Intentionally invalidating someone inflicts damage that is very hard to recover from and I don’t know if anyone agrees with me or do you think I am over analyzing this?
Is the silent treatment a form of mental abuse?
Add Opinion