Is it normal to be in a relationship but still feel some pain at the sight of an ex?

She is not really an ex because we never reached a relationship status, but she was the first girl crush for me that confirmed my bisexuality.
And the time I spent with her was super intense but painful at the same time (reason why I cut all contact).
Right now, I am in a happy relationship but the sight of her, or someone mentioning her just pains me still I don't know why, especially since we never really had a proper closure where I expressed to her mind. I just vanished completely the next day from her life and never looked back.
In conclusion, I don't know if that is uncommon or if I should address it to my current girlfriend.
16
3