How to get over being rejected for being awkward?

AsheSky
To give you a little bit of context, basically, there was this girl who had a huge crush on me. I'm a very shy person and I wanted to wait until I was older before starting to date someone. Besides, I thought her crush for me would fade away quickly. I couldn't be more wrong since she still showed signs of interest 2 years after we met, and she would keep telling my sister how much she liked me. I also liked her (probably because nobody had really liked me before, and also because I thought of her as an incredibly caring and humble person). Eventually, we got together. About 4 months later, she told me she wants to break up because she thought I was too awkward. I respected her decision and walked away.

It's been 2 years now, but every time I think about this I get very anxious. I don't blame her for anything, don't get me wrong. She has every right to change her mind and I wish nothing but the best for her. I just have a hard time dealing with this.

How can I stop ruminating about this?
0
4