Do I attempt to say “Happy Holidays” to someone I really like in this situation?

JRise25
So this woman I’m interested is going to be spending her holidays in the hospital. She’s sent a lot of time there already. Well she wants to keep things as normal as can be, but the reality is you can’t. So she tells me to talk and act like things are normal. The other day, she said people in general really aren’t wanting to accept the situation she’s in and it’s causing depression for, almost to the point where she wants to isolate her through her treatment. I need help with my words here. I can’t tell her “happy holidays” obviously, very poor taste to say to someone while they are fighting for their life. Same time, I can’t ignore the fact of what she is dealing with as well when I talk to her. Soooooo I’m trying to reach out to her just to say “hey” for the holiday so she remember me. Do I even bother risk saying something (how would I say it?) or just avoid the whole idea and not put myself in a “foot in mouth” situation, even though I have good intent behind my message.
1
1