How do I tell my boyfriend I went on his phone? how do I have this conversation? what would you do?

Anonymous
Before you throw stones, I am really just looking for advice... I went on my bfs phone (both 24) about 4 months ago. I found stuff... it has been causing me anxiety since and I have lived with this secret/knowledge for that long. I can’t take it anymore. Half the people I’ve asked said not to mention it but the other half says too. I tried to let it go but I just can’t. I want to sit him down and have conversation about me snooping and what I found. I don’t really know how to have conversation or what to say. wouldn’t have gone on his phone but a notification popped up and when I asked him his answer just didn’t sit right with me. Turns out he wasn’t telling the full truth. I’m scared of the following out and what will happen, but to get there I need to have talk first. What would you do?
1
1