My ex-girlfriends new boyfriend messaged me on facebook what should I do?

SadLover2
So basically my ex-girlfriend from 2 years ago messaged me (I broke up with her.) 1 month ago before the official 2 years since the breakup she started friend requesting my friends and I. My friends knew she wasn't the nicest to me so they didn't accept it. So I messaged her, we said our hellos then I said: "if there's anything important we can talk about it now but this is the only convo I would like to have because I don't like talking to an ex." She kept her exes around while I was with her so the topic of exes is important to me. She never answered.

1-month passes and her current boyfriend friend request me on Facebook, I just ignored it. On Christmas morning a few days after the ignored request he messages "Merry Christmas" I didn't answer. I'm really confused on what is happening and none of my friends get it either. Does anyone have any ideas?

Notes: She said I was her first real love (we were 22), we traveled together, did a lot of significant things. Her issue was she was super immature and I wanted something serious. I didn't have enough experience to really see the issue that would arise. Even though we had problems I was super happy in the relationship and so was she. I eventually ended it because I couldn't let go of past issues she caused. I picked the healthier option for my self-development.
0
1