How should I ask for my ex back? Is it even worth it?

Anonymous
My ex and I have always have a really solid relationship. So passionate and in love. However, we broke up about 3 months ago. We were both extremely busy and truly had no time for each other. He decided to break things off and I was very understanding. We didn't speak at all for a little over a month (but he attempted to get back with me after 2 weeks, I said no). Eventually, we reunited at a music festival, we spent the entire weekend attached side by side. After, we decided to talk again and become good friends because we didn't want to throw our entire friendship away. Since then we have became extremely close.

Constant phone calls, we text all day, see each other a couple times a week, have sex often, he always brings up us having a future together and what we plan on doing together, he compares us to tv show characters that are in relationships (ex. Andy and April, Parks n Rec), he constantly compliments me, gets INSANELY jealous when I even make mention of other guys, will spam me with texts if I happen to ignore him. He even is trying to get a job at my work so he sees me!
I noticed that we even seem more in love, more than ever before. The only thing lacking is that we don't say "I love you" or have little pet names.

We have been in contact for over 2 months now and I have zero clue if he wants to get back together or not. We talked about getting together 2 months ago and both agreed that we weren't ready. I'm scared that I'm being put in the friendzone and I don't want to get hurt. Should I ask him out again or wait to see how things unfold? I love this boy more than words can describe and I want to give our relationship another go.
5
5