What do you do when someone you love won't make any effort to gain your forgiveness?

Anonymous
My boyfriend broke my heart many times. He would break up with me suddenly and go back to the same girl over and over and over again. He would come back and promise me it was over for good. That's all the proof he would give me. Eventually I started to find proof on my own, as I couldn't trust that things would be different, I just desperately wanted to believe they were but my gut was telling me otherwise. I would find what I prayed I wouldn't, he was talking to her again.. and then some. And he would tell me that i had no reason to be mad. That he never told me we were back together (despite us sleeping together and him calling me his girlfriend to his friends, and being at my place constantly). So whenever I would find out, he would just shrug me off and say it was my fault and start a relationship with this girl he supposedly wasn't speaking to and had told her it was over for good. I gave up trusting him. Now he comes by all the time, says he is sorry and wants to get back together. I told him no, that I need someone who will never make me doubt his loyalty. He said my refusal to let it go is why he was driven to the other girl. He said he's sad and heart
Broken now by me for being so cruel and choosing to not forgive him. I told him I needed proof, solid evidence she's gone- he refused and said I had all the evidence I needed. I feel bad for him, it hurts that I know he's hurting and that upsets me even more- because I would never want him to feel hurt- and he willingly hurt me 1000 times.. what do I do?
5
1