When you enjoy doing things for others, one day you find yourself more angry towards others who neglect you?

Anonymous
I enjoy doing things for others. It may sound selfish; but happy when I help someone without them asking me to help them. Lately, I have become very angry towards others if they forget my birthday or forget to call me just to see how I am doing.

Right now in my life, no one asks me. Birthdays are very important to me; celebrating the day the person is born is what makes each one of us special. But in the past 4 years no one has called me or text me to say happy birthday nor ask me how I am doing and even my own family. There was a group of us that drew names for Christmas; they forget my present. I did finally tell my boyfriend what has been bothering me. I have kept everything bundled in and now I am lashing out towards other feeling like I shouldn't exist. I feel I have been really good to a lot of people and not ask for nothing in return.

How would you all handle this?
4
0