When you enjoy doing things for others, one day you find yourself more angry towards others who neglect you?

Anonymous
I enjoy doing things for others. It may sound selfish; but happy when I help someone without them asking me to help them. Lately, I have become very angry towards others if they forget my birthday or forget to call me just to see how I am doing.

Right now in my life, no one asks me. Birthdays are very important to me; celebrating the day the person is born is what makes each one of us special. But in the past 4 years no one has called me or text me to say happy birthday nor ask me how I am doing and even my own family. There was a group of us that drew names for Christmas; they forget my present. I did finally tell my boyfriend what has been bothering me. I have kept everything bundled in and now I am lashing out towards other feeling like I shouldn't exist. I feel I have been really good to a lot of people and not ask for nothing in return.

How would you all handle this?
When you enjoy doing things for others, one day you find yourself more angry towards others who neglect you?
Add Opinion