Ex boyfriend cheated and lied but keeps coming back? can any of you guys analyze?

Anonymous
My ex boyfriend who I knew for a year and a half, but only dated for 3 months cheated on me. Found out he was living a whole other life away from me. It was a long distance relationship. Anyway after I found out I broke things off. I couldn't believe I had wasted time, money, and gas visiting somebody who was cheating on me the WHOLE time. Anyway I thought about giving him a second chance because I loved him, but he had to prove to me how sorry he was and that included coming to visit me in my respective hometown. He dropped the ball and lied twice about coming and even lied to my 5 year old daughter about coming, so I cut him off for good. Anyway he keeps calling me and leaving messages even though he's blocked. (iPhone has a blocked messages feature. What is his purpose to keep calling me? He already showed me he's not in love with me with his actions. Can any guy help me to make sense of why he keeps coming back despite me telling him to leave me alone and all his dirty work?
2