Does my Ex still care about me, or is he just being nice?

My boyfriend of 9 months broke up with me a week before I left for college. He is a senior in HS and I attend college only an hour away. After a week went by he sent me a message on myspace asking how college was. And a few weeks ago I went home for the first time. I went back to my high school to see one of my good friends at her lunch time. We were standing in the hallway and out of no where my ex shows up, and has a big smile on his face. Then he gave me a hug. Later that night I went to the football game, and after I waited for him by his car, like he asked and even though they lost he still gave me a hug. WE had plans to grab a bite to eat but he asked if we could hang out the next night instead. I said I plans with friends so he just said ok, well lets go do something now. We had a great conversation and it went really well. The day I went back to school, he asked me to come by his house to say goodbye. I called him before I did and he had just woken up. After we talked a little more, he hugged me and I said I wish I didn't live so far away and he replied me too. I haven't been home since, but I try not to contact him, because I still care about him, and I am trying to let my feelings for him fade, but after 2 months apart I am still crazy about him. I talked to him on the phone a few days ago and the whole time I was so nervous and I was sweating, like I did before we even started dating. I have been asked out by others guys and last weekend I went on a date with a really great guy, but he just wasnt anything compared to my ex. So does my ex still care or should I just get him out of my head? and how do I do that?
Does my Ex still care about me, or is he just being nice?
Add Opinion