If your partner begged you to return to them, would you do it?

I've reached the lovely border town of Dolegna del Collio, on the border between Friuli Venezia-Giulia and Slovenia.
My fiancée called and this time I picked up her call.
She's begging me to go back, she wants to know where I am, says she's not angry with me because she knows I'm suffering and the only thing she wants is for me to be safe and sound.
That all those bad things that happened are temporary, the sky will not always be gray and if I want to travel and see new places we can do it together.
I reassured her but I never heard her cry like that, I'm starting to feel guilty about it.
I'm starting to really feel eaten from the inside by this, I'm tired and sick and don't really know what to do. A part of me wants to cross the border and see where to go from there, but I also feel bad about making her feel that awful and want to turn back and go home.
What about you?
6 mo
I'll probably start to head back home, but I don't know if it will be possible to salvage the relationship.
6 mo
Maybe it's a bit unappropriate to find it as a consolation, but I just received an e-mail from the company that since they can't/won't guarantee me further employment, and since it's not my fault, they recognize me a generouse severance plus three salaries.
I feel slightly better, at least we'll be stable economically.
20
13