We were perfect and we broke up for a reason that wasn’t very good. I’m feeling lost and very hurt. How can I get past this?

Oofmama
About four years ago I moved to another state but I’ve been best friends with this one guy since we were 5 we lost contact for a while and recently we started talking to each other. I only ever viewed him as a best friend I never thought of him as anything more than that. A few weeks after we started talking he start asking me these weird questions but they clearly pointed to the fact that he liked me and as I thought about it more I realize that I liked him. soon after that we decided we wanted to be in a relationship together even though we were long-distance. Sidenote he’s leaving in August to go to basic training for the Air Force. Back to the story. we were “dating“ for a month. I’ve liked people and I’ve loved people but never nearly as strong feelings for him. One day he told me he loved me and I’m not very good about expressing my feelings especially in this area but I truly loved him back so I said it back. The next few days after that he didn’t talk to me. I was upset I thought I did something wrong and I told my friend about it and out of rage she texted him. He complained that I never texted him first which is not true I have just maybe not as much as he has and I wish he would’ve just told me that bothers him otherwise I would more. Then he told me that even though he loves me he should never of told me. After he said that even though he cares about me he can’t figure us out when I’m so far away. I had plans to come up to see him so we could figure things out, but those plans backfired due to reasons involving Covid. I told him and he said we should call it quits. I am so so hurt and cry all the time about it and have no idea what to do. I’ve tried distracting myself I’ve tried not talking to him and now I have become being rude and bitter. which is not the kind of person I normally am. i even jumped into a very toxic relationship that i knew was toxic trying to feel something again. I feel lost, hurt, and upset all the time. What can I do to help this?
1
2