Should I contact my son's biological father, who he has never met, and attempt to set up a visit?

Anonymous
When I became pregnant at 17 the father of my son flat out said he wanted nothing to do with him because he wasn't ready to be a dad. Though it bothered me, I didn't push it. 2 years later he asked for a DNA test, which came back positive, and he started paying child support on his own without ever having to ask him. I was extremely grateful for this. I met a guy when my son was about 3 months old and my son was raised by this man, resulting in him calling him dad. We broke up 4 years ago, when my son was 5 but he still goes to his "dads" house every other weekend. However, back last year, he wanted to tell my son that he was not his biological father because my son was questioning why his "dad" was dark and he was not (my ex, my sons "dad", is Puerto Rican and my son is pasty white). I argued with him for well over 5 months about how I did not want to tell my son right now for reasons I will list below but he simply wouldn't listen and said he would tell him if I didn't. So, I mulled over it for weeks and finally told my baby that he was not his real father. He asked many questions and wanted to see pictures of his biological father and I happily obliged. My son wants to meet him. He is now 9 years old and he still asks quite frequently when he can meet his real father. I'm torn by this. Mainly due to the fact that I know for certain that his biological father has already voiced how he doesn't want to meet him and I refuse to tell my son that. But also because I know for a fact that even while his family would treat my son like gold, his biological father has a severe drinking problem and uses drugs socially and I dont want my son around it. His family is actually really well off so it could benefit my son to know and be involved with them at least. I just dont know what to do here because he really wants to meet him but I'm personally terrified to send my baby with this guy. he's not a bad guy, I just don't want his habits around my baby. What do I do?
5
1