Did I do the right thing?

Anonymous
Recently I made the decision to end my relationship with my girlfriend. For the last while I wasn't making her happy and taking her for granted, and I believed that if I wasn't committing fully, then she should be with someone who can give her everything that she needs. However as this was my first relationship, I had no idea how I was going to feel after we broke up, and now some feelings of regret are surfacing. I felt a lot more like instead of a break up we just needed time away from each other to figure out where we were going, even though that isn't what I originally felt before I ended things.

Is this normal? I'm going crazy because it hurts so much that we aren't together anymore, but I don't know if this is just because I miss her or if it is genuine. I don't want to push to get back with her and then realise that I still cannot commit and hurt her even more than I have already, as I still love her so much. I want to do what is best for us both, but I'm completely unsure of what that is right now. Any ideas?
Did I do the right thing?
2
0