Why does exes feel the need to tell you about their new relationship?

Anonymous
My ex and I broke up a while back: we tried to remain friends but that didn’t workout. Every blue moon she calls me up asking for advice or just needing to talk. The last time we talked she went into full detail about a guy she’s talking to, but the time before that she came over late at night. She said she was having issues. She then tried to have sex with me. (While she was talking to someone and so was I) she didn’t make it blatant, but she made she she gave me clues; I ended up denying it. It’s been a month or so since we last spoke but I’m just trying to grasp the logic behind it. I’m broken, not because we broke up; but because we almost had a kid together, she got pregnant, but I could tell she wasn’t really ready for one, so we reluctantly decided not to keep it. Soon after we broke up, we kept on having sex; until she saw that I was moving on. She said I ruined any chances of us getting back together. Then right afterwards she said she wanted to be friends but I wasn’t prepared for that. Can someone give me perspective? Her mind and ideology made no sense to me.
0
1