Emotionally manipulative behaviour from ex?

Anonymous
So I broke up with my ex after years of emotional abuse. The thing with him is that he doesn’t want to be the victim, is too insecure about rejection but also acts like the victim to everyone around him. I broke up with him after the way he was acting he other night with his friends, and instead of being concerned about my worries about the relationship he goes ‘well I wanted to anyway’ and acts like I’m in the wrong. Whenever I have an achievement, like a new job; he will act up or act weird and not even be happy for me. Even on my birthday he ‘pre warned me’ that he was going to ‘turn’. It’s like he plans on when to be horrible to me and does it, and then when I get angry and break up like I did this weekend he acts like he broke up with me first.
why can he never be rejected? It’s like he’s so insecure he tries to manipulate me all the time. He refuses to take accountability for his actions and whenever he notices I’m not ‘feeling’ him as much, he takes his knife out and starts to hurt me.
i am now his ex so I am free from the manipulation, but it still hurts me so much. I feel like I’ve been emotionally abused for years. How do I heal from this? I don’t want to be with him but I can’t stand the way he manipulates me
1
1