Should I reach out to my ex whose mom just passed away?

Anonymous
Long story short, I was in a relationship with this girl on and off for 3 years and she really meant a lot to me. So much so that I actually asked her to move across the country with me for a new job and she was supposed to a month later.

After I moved, I got scared. I ended up avoiding her calls and texts and started to panic about the commitment of her moving out here and us starting our lives together. I didn't talk to her for two weeks and she ended up breaking up with me over text because of the fact I wasn't answering. I know, I'm the worst and it was really juvenile, I was just scared of this new chapter in my life. I just needed time.

I ended up finding out that after she broke up with me, she and my brother hooked up at his birthday party. She admitted it to me and cried and said she thought we were over and impulsively did it. I still can't even fucking think about it! I 100% am putting her in the past and want nothing to do with her. When I think about the situation, I just become enraged and sad.

Anyway, her friend messaged me on FB and said that just recently that my ex's mom passed away. It's been just over a month since she and I stopped talking. Her friend told me that my ex still cares about me and it would mean a lot to her if I reached out during this tough time.

Do you think I should reach out and say anything? I have her blocked on every platform. I just don't know if I can emotionally handle talking to her again.
2
0