I think my boyfriend broke up with me only because he’s depressed or maybe he wants other people?

Anonymous
my boyfriend and I dated for 9mo. It was amazing. we both agreed that neither of us had ever felt that way about someone. We talked about a future together and everything. I’ve never seen myself getting married but I wanted to marry him someday so bad. I feel like he’s my soulmate. We argued about stupid things sometimes but we’d always get over it super fast. We moved in together after 6 months with one of his friends. It was really stressful I think for the both of us. It was a big change, neither of us had ever lived with a so and this was the first time he moved out of his parents house. We started to fight a little bit more, it wasn’t awful but it was more than usual. I felt like he was starting to get distant, maybe because we saw each other too much. He broke up with me saying that he just didn’t feel the same way about me. He said he cared about me but not enough to be in a relationship with me. I thought maybe it was because the honeymoon phase was over but I talked to him a few days Later and he said that this is the worst he’s ever felt. He says he feels empty and like he’s not going to have a good future. Basically said he broke up with me because he doesn’t want to hurt me because he can’t give me what I need and he’s a shitty person. He seems really down and I’m not sure what to do. I tried getting him to get help but he doesn’t want it. Told him not to push me away but he just says it will be better for both of us this way. He said he’d still like to be friends. He just kinda shuts down when I try bringing it up. I also found him back on tinder and it seems like he wants to talk to other people just says he doesn’t want a relationship rn. Has this happened to anyone before or anyone have any advice. I love him so much and we’re basically perfect for each other. He’s my best friend I don’t want to lose him but I feel there’s nothing I can do to help him. He says he misses me but it doesn’t seem to bother him to talk to or hook up with other people
2
0