Am I an asshole for telling my ex boyfriend HE is the reason my kids are behaving horribly because he's a terrible role model?

Anonymous
So, there's a lot to take in here and I know that as a mother I must take some responsibility. However, here's the story.. I have 3 kids with my ex of 9 years. For the first 7 years our relationship was actually fantastic but after that, I'm not quite sure what happened. He up and quit his job one day, leaving us struggling to survive off my income alone. We lost our home because of it and went in to debt. He blamed me for all of this and never told me why.

That's around the same time that his anger spiked through the roof and he started putting holes in our walls, breaking our personal items, yelling at me and the kids and started doing nothing but smoking weed and wasting away his life on video games. Being as "mysterious" as he was, he refused to speak to me about what was bothering him and said my questions were simply me nagging at him and that if he wanted me to know, he would tell me. If the random aggression wasn't enough, he started bringing a woman home while I was at work and ultimately, that was the push I needed. My oldest son told me and my ex flipped his shit and tried screaming at my son and telling him it was his fault that mom and dad wouldn't be together.

I left immediately and got me and my kids a therapist. All was well for awhile but then I started noticing my kids coming home completely pissed for no reason. My son (9) won't do anything but scream at a video game all day and literally throws a tantrum when told to put it up. My daughter is always freaking out and saying no one loves her. My youngest is kind of too young to understand but even he has been having tantrums.

So my ex asked me one day what the kids problem was. So I told him the problem was him and his anger/bullshit that is now being dumped on the kids laps for no reason. He is now going around telling everyone I am keeping the kids from him, even though that's far from the truth. Am I an asshole for telling him it's his fault?
3
0