No contact for 1 week so far?

Anonymous
Hey guys,

This has been hard for me. Last week, I broke up with my girlfriend. The week before, she said she needed space. She said she wanted to learn how to be alone but yet she still wanted to me with me.

After a few days of giving her space, I decided to end it. She did have some questionable behaviors. As if she was already pulling away.

I broke up with her the day before she went to the cottage with her girlfriends. We gave each other our stuff back and had a serious talk. She told me she wanted to be happy and to learn how to be alone. She felt as if I was smothering her, which I would have agreed on because of COVID. (I was bored and laid off at home.)

Continuing on with the break up, I asked her if she even wanted to be with me. She said "I don't know" and that was enough of an answer for me because I want to be with someone who wants to be with me. I told her wish she had told me that I was smothering her because I would have done my best to try to work things out but she never communicated with me.

Anyways, coming to the end of the conversation. I gave her a hug and a kiss on the forehead telling good luck and I wish her the best in life. I told her that I wish she would be happy and find someone that can make her happy because she is such an amazing person and she deserves it. I told her that her friends and sister are amazing. I even said if this relationship had continued, her sister would have been one of my closest friends.

She reciprocated pretty much what I said. She told me i am such an amazing guy. I deserve the best. That i am funny and stuff like that.

Gave her a hug and a kiss to the forehead.

I cried and she KINDA cried.

This 1 week of no contact has been hard.
No contact for 1 week so far?
1
0