My ex cheated on me for roughly two years... but he’s now seeing the girl five days after I moved out?

Anonymous
My ex cheated on me for approximately 2 years with this girl. Though he has fervently denied even speaking to her, saying ‘I haven’t seen or spoke to her in years’. I kind of knew that he had cheated on me, and we did have a couple of big arguments about it, but he would always come back and be sorry about it, but never actually apologise. I was made out to be crazy, and that I had trust issues (which I did really), but that I had no reason to have these issues... of course I did have reason because I knew he had been speaking to her and saw her on more than one occasion. I just don’t understand why he would constantly lie about it and stay with me because we have a little girl together, when he could have just been with her instead. This was dragged out, and we had split in the February but got back together. Now we split again in August but he has started dating/seeing this girl straight away and has said that he felt wanted and appreciated by her because they spoke about music as she is in a band and he felt taken for granted by me even though I only ever asked to spend time with him as he was constantly out drinking and doing other things without me while I was left at home.
I want to know why someone would do this, and move on straight away. Do you think it’s serious between them? Or that he’s finished with me to be with her properly now? Will that last between them even though I feel the relationship is built on lies..
2
0