Did I make the right choice in leaving my SO?

Anonymous
We were together for a year and a half. We’re both in our late 20s. We used to have really big fights back then (last big one was about 3-4 months ago). But we do have small bickering like any other couple. Well, 2 weeks ago, I confronted him. He had been acting off. Like his heart wasn’t in it anymore. He said I didn’t let him leave me, and that he didn’t love me anymore.

He’s free to leave so I’m not sure why he said that. Back in our last big argument, I did ask him if we could work it out and he said yes. If he didn’t want to, he could’ve just said no.

After that confrontation 2 weeks ago, things sort of changed. He’s been acting like he used to when we first started dating. But then I asked him 2 days ago if he didn’t love me anymore, like he said. And he said he didn’t know.

He left to work this morning. I left his dinner in the fridge, and left him a note on where to find his dinner. And I packed up my things and left. It kills me inside, but his comment on how “I didn’t let him leave me” really pushed me to do this. Now he’s free. But I’m asking myself if I made the right choice?

How do I move on from this? This has been my only serious relationship. I’ve had long relationships before but never as serious as this one.
4
2