I don't know if I made the best decision?

Anonymous
I've been with this guy for 8 months in a LDR. We have seen each other and are very fond of each other. However, recently he started pulling away in an attempt to protect himself, saying that the situation with Covid is too uncertain to hold the relationship at the same intensity, because we don't know when we will see each other. It started to hurt me a lot seeing how he was drifting away, leaving messages on read, not being so involved with me, saying that it wasn't important if we didn't talk everyday, and I told him I decided to cut off communication. That this was hurting me more than making the situation more bearable. That I needed to not receive any messages from him to move on. He said he was sorry that in protecting himself he also hurt me, and wanted to be sure that if we missed each other too much we could contact each other and that we were not going to forget the months we had been together. I didn't respond to this, because while I want to be with him, his actions were too wrong for me. I felt ignored and dismissed. I was willing to fight for what we had, even if the coronavirus was going to stay with us 3 years more, but I felt so hurt that he could just start avoiding me only because now we can't see each other. Do you think I did the best decision? I want to be happy, and feel valued and loved.
I don't know if I made the best decision?
Add Opinion