Guys, Do you ever dump someone with the intentions of possibly re-connecting with them later in life?

Anonymous
There have been times where I feel that I have met the right person at the wrong time. When this happens I question if we will ever re-connect at the right time, and what that ‘right time’ is.

For example, the first guy I dated was, by far, one of the most attractive people I have ever met. I felt an instant connection to this guy. I felt like our personalities were almost perfect for each other, your goals were different, our passions were different—which made learning about the other person all the more interesting. He dumped me because we were at different points in our lives and our ages had something to do with that. I was a few years younger than he, and he felt like, because we were at different points in our life, there wouldn’t be any hope for having a stable relationship at that time. That is all to say that I met the right person at the wrong time. Maybe down the line, our futures will collide and we will reconnect. That brings time to answering the question: Do you ever dump someone with the intentions of possibly re-connecting with them later in life?
5