Why did my ex-boyfriend unblock me on WhatsApp after 3 months if he wanted to ignore my text messages?

Anonymous
He broke up with me after a silly argument and said some bad things to me, and I did a childish thing and blocked him on WhatsApp and facetime. After 4 days he blocked me back. One month later I sent him a text message from another phone telling him I was sorry if I did anything wrong and that I would respect his decision and we could just be friends like we were before dating, but he blocked that number too.
He unblocked me 3 months after the breakup and the block thing. I waited 3 weeks to see if he would text me but he didn't, so I sent him a text asking how he was doing. He read the message but did not respond.
I wonder what he is thinking and why he unblocked me.
Would he do it just because of our mutual friend who wants us to still be friends like before and has told him that he was being childish?
P. S. I know it's over and I am not begging him, I just really miss the friendship and I am just trying to figure out what he is thinking.
0
1