I don’t know why I broke up with my boyfriend , can anyone make sense of it?

Silviamark
I was living with my boyfriend for 6 months, known eachother for 3 years. We had rocky past bc he just has behavioral issues I think. He’s an engineer and lost 8 jobs in 4 years if that says anything. But he’s a good guy deep down and lot of potential. Now he’s doing commercial real estate. One day i just realized I wasn’t happy. And had a gut feeling chasing me that I needed to break up. We’ve had a bumpy break up too. Anyway recently we’ve been in contact and I saw him last night and had sex. It’s so weird because I do love him but I’m so depressed around him. So depressed. Today he was making me dinner and taking care of me when I didn’t feel well and I’m happy to be with him but it depresses me. I wish I didn’t feel that way. I don’t know if his life depresses me or what. He’s in commercial real estate and getting successful, so he claims. But his life is sad.. he doesn’t talk to his dad , his 8 year old son doesn’t care to see him (he’s never been a bad father but doesn’t respect his sons mother Aka ex wife too much) , He’s had so many lay offs, he’s in debt. I just wish I knew why I feel like I do love him but feel depressed around him and that I don’t want to be with him.
4
1