When a guy cheats and still wants to fix his mistake can someone really stop cheating?

Anonymous
I been with this guy since I was 16 I’m now 25 and he is 28 we has so many ups and downs broke up for a few weeks or almost 1-2months in the beginning but eventually got back together. Exactly 2 years ago he confessed of cheating no details but he confessed. I should of reacted worse but I knew it but I had no proof i let it slide and continued the relationship. Things sometimes dies after time because we get to comfortable or at least that’s what I think. My favorite things about us was how he made me laugh , made me feel safe and our sex was amazing. 1-2 years back sex started to change and just last year I found out he had been cheating on me with escorts and random hookup from tinder he had a whole app for fake number and saw how he would ask the to hook up or even when he was on his way to go meet them. I was heartbroken but at the same time ready for this. I told him how I wanted to end things and how he was a piece of shit. Since then things for me haven’t been the same. Now he all up on me and trying to fix everything for quite some months now and I do see him trying but do they really change or is just a matter or time for them to go back.
2
4