Can the guy that I used to date be considered toxic?

Anonymous
Well long story short, this guy I used to date is 13 years older than me (I'm 23). We were on and off for about 3 years. After the first time we went out and first break up, he would refuse to acknowledge that I was his girlfriend, which kind of led to our constant break ups and getting back together (which was at least once or twice a year). Honestly, I would always be the one who fixed the situation. Now, I confronted him, putting my foot down, told him that I don't want casual sex anymore which is why I won't sleep with him anymore. He responded saying that he would delete my contact and hated how I would avoid him (honestly I was a bit because I knew he would react in this way), and would never message me anymore because he didn't want to bother me anymore. I told him that I never said that he was bothering me. I didn't admit to avoiding him, but I really did have school and my work schedule was giving me a lot of stress so I wasn't really talking to anyone except my best friend. I also told him that he was being dramatic and he said he didn't want to argue. Turns out he really did delete my contact info and I'm just tired of bending backwards for someone like this. Honestly, is this a toxic relationship and should I just let him go?
Can the guy that I used to date be considered toxic?
Add Opinion