He hurt me. He broke it off. Why does he keep contacting me?

Anonymous
I fell pretty hard for this guy. We dated for a few weeks. We had sex, eventually just something to note. He broke it off with me because he didn’t see it working with me. He didn’t see himself in a serious relationship with me. We agreed to remain friends but didn’t talk at all after the break up. Mind you, it’s been 2 months since the break up.

A few weeks ago he snapped me a rando picture of him. I responded. He left me on “open”. A few days later, he texted me a picture (on Snapchat) of him on the beach, no context.

Why is he messing with my feelings? If he wanted to be friends why even contact me only to leave on “read”? Why reach out to me if you just want to send a PiCcTttUurE or a SnAAaaApP with no conversation? He was my “first” and he broke my freakin heart. I feel like I’m being really sincere with agreeing to be friends with him after he ended it. Is he contacting me to give me hope? To put me on the back burner? What is his problem?
3
2