Guys, In a mans opinion what should I do and what could his actions mean?

Anonymous
Me and my exboyfriend who has been in my life since we were 15 (we;re 30 now), we reconnected a few years ago but by this time he was engaged so we were just friends. Well they ended up breaking up 2 years ago because she cheated on him and used him for his money and me and him were working on things but didn't start get serious until this year. So I found out the end of last year him and the girl had a one night stand (supposedly) and she ended up getting pregnant. So it hurted me so bad that I ended things because eventhough we weren't together when they messed around its the fact that he waited so long to tell me about it but he said it was because he wanted to make sure the baby was his before he said anything to me, and because I was just disappointed that he would even sleep with her after all she did to him. So when I stopped talking to him he kept texting me and trying to get in contact with me and I finally gave in and we talked. I decided to forgive him and try to stick by him through this so I keep asking him do he want to work things out or be with her but he won't answer my question. But he keeps sending me messages saying he is thinking about me, he sends hearts, good night messages, etc. He told me that he don't want to be with the mom but I don't know. What I don't get is if he wants to be with her why he won't just tell me? I would understand if he wants to try and work things out with her cause she is the mom, so why not just tell me? Why won't he leave me alone and quit contacting me so I can go on. Im so confused
2