My ex is very cold?

ihatethatiloveyou
so my ex and I had been together for two years and were planning on staying together for the long run. All of a sudden when things got hard he broke up with me through snapchat in the most cruel way. Then the next day he tried to get back with an old female friend of his, the next day at his home!. The day after that he texted me and said he wanted to try again. I confronted him about the girl and he promised that it wasn't that way, he only wanted to be friends. I fell for it and he hugged and he tried to kiss me and said that he was so happy that we were trying again. He also said that we were going to do something special that same weekend for our two year anniversary. I asked him if we wouldn't have gotten back together would he have tried to contact me later, and he said yes. That same evening we meet up again and I tell him that I can't get into a relationship with him again unless he drops that girl, gets his act together and shows me that he's fully committed. Then he backs out and isn't sure that he wants to try again, says he doesn't love me that way, but still loves me and thinks I'm cute. He said that he didn't remember saying he was happy that we were getting back together. And then he said that he wouldn't try to get me back. So we broke up. Im finding it hard processing this. He was the sweetest guy that told me he loved me every day, held me when I felt bad and was my best friend. Why did he suddenly feel the need to act so cold towards me, hurt me in this way. He changed completely in two days and I don't know how to mourn the relationship.
My ex is very cold?
Add Opinion