How do I get over someone who faked a relationship?

Anonymous
when i first met him, he seemed into me hit it off really well, which was rare for me to open up as im an introvert. everything was great the first few weeks of dating, until i realised he kept bringing up his ex, and was comparing us... he compared her in a way that she was always better... she knew all the sex positions, she was ok looking, she knew how to cook, was out going &confident, and i was the complete opposite in a lot of ways including looks wise. coming out of an abusive relationship i was very vulnerable and insecure... guarded. in the beginning he was understanding, but then weeks went by and he was pressing for info not even my fam knew or only my closest friend knew.. i told him time and time again i was uncomfortable and that it takes time for me to open up. i would shut down and become silent... i brought up how he obviously compares me to his ex and he denied it. but when he told me about how they ended it was very unexpected and he seemed very regretful even though she was the one in the wrong, he seemed like he regret his choice in ending it... this make me become even more insecure. he started to point out my flaws in a bad way. there were a lot of amazing things about him, sadly, i haven't had a healthy relationship, but he had treated me the best out of all. even if his feelings for me were fake. when we broke up, i was broken. he ended it unexpectedly over something small. he told me i wasn't good enough, and that we both deserve better. i would have done anything for him. we did have our issues but he wasn't committed to understanding me... he even told me after the break up he didn't care despite knowing how i felt about him... now him and his friends treat me like im just a bitch he slept with, while he mourns his ex... i still feel really hurt... im doing counselling just to try and rebuild myself esteem from being compared... nothing is working. its like he's implanted this permanent belief that im not good enough no matter what.
How do I get over someone who faked a relationship?
Add Opinion