Why would my ex have so many secrets? What do you think the real truth was?

Anonymous
the story is MUCH longer than I’m going to explain but I will just try to explain the beginning parts. So my first job was at a restaurant where I met a lot of my work family. One day a 17 year old boy got hired and I instinctively took over a big sister role because he reminded me of one of my younger family members. Despite the fact that I was just 19-20 years old, I was really protective of the kid. If the customers got snappy with him I would jump in and help, and I would always offer to help him with his cleaning duties or offer him little snacks. We were work friends basically. One day a guy came in and said he was coming to pick up his younger brother-my coworker. He egged the younger boy into getting my number for him and that guy eventually became my first love. While we dated just a few months before we broke up, those five months were perfect. I realized that my coworker lived with my (then) boyfriend and my boyfriend took care of him. My boyfriend had a tattoo of a girls name on his chest who he admitted was his “ex” girlfriend. He also said that he took care of a “god daughter”and I didn’t think it was a big deal. But the reason me and him broke up is because one day he told me that the god daughter was his real daughter. I was emotional because he lied to me so I broke up with him. Then I went on Facebook and did some digging and discovered that my coworker was NOT my ex boyfriends real brother-he was the ex girlfriends brother. The “god daughter” was INDEED a god daughter and very much NOT his real daughter. And she didn’t live in my state anymore. So I assumed that he must have kept so many confusing secrets for a good reason (which led me to regret breaking up with him impulsively) because I assumed that if nothing else, my coworker would have told his own sister that she was being cheated on if I’m fact they were still together. But I eventually did see evidence of my ex and the other woman sending each other messages saying they missed each other
24 d
The story is much too long to explain but the gist of why we broke up and what caused it is explained. I just don’t understand how my coworker who at one point was considered a friend to me would see that me and his SISTERS ex boyfriend were together and not say anything to her or why they lived together in the first place. These circumstances, as confusing as they were, are what made me second guess everything wondering why he would lie to me when he actually seemed to like me very much
24 d
Also just to throw it in there during he relationship my ex seems to fall for me super fast and would buy me expensive gifts impulsively or come to see me every day or call me to talk. I also fell for him really fast despite us having a conversation that we agreed we would take it slow and not move too quickly it seemed to happen so fast but we spent almost the entire relationship together 24/7, every day, talking every minute of the day, and on he phone all night.
1
1