Do guys ever forget the girl who they loved for so long?

Anonymous
So my boyfriend of three years broke up with me because we were on a long distance relationship and it had become "unbearable" for him because we haven't seen each other for so long and don't know when we'll see each other, along the fact that it's complicated for him to join me at the moment. So he said he'd prefer if we ended it because of the "circumstances".
Few weeks prior he said he didn't want to end it and that he loved me. A year ago we broke up for the same reason but within the day he regretted it and cried his eyes out and he said that it would have been a huge mistake and he would have reached out to me a few days later.

He didn't want to block me, but I did even though I knew it would hurt him but I needed to protect myself.

Do you think he will regret his decision? do guys ever regret breaking up with a girl they loved for so long? and should I reach out to him if I ever go back to town in a few months?
5
0