Dumpers: Why would you talk to your ex again then leave again?

Anonymous
My ex and I got talking for a few days after I messaged him a happy new year. I wasn’t expecting anything to properly come of it, but he messaged back a long text saying he’s happy to hear from me and he thought I’d never want to hear from him again, even though he dumped me for various reasons. Mainly he was having a existential crisis and going through depression and didn’t want to drag me along. Nevertheless, we broke up on good terms and although we still love each other, I agreed on the break up so he can fix whatever it is he’s going through.

Anyways, he seemed keen to reconnect again and complimenting me and asking lots of questions etc. He asked to FaceTime as he wanted to apologise face to face and at first I was hesitant as I didn’t know how I’d react seeing him again, but when I finally agreed after days of talking, when the day came that we were going to FaceTime, he bailed and apologised saying he thought he was ready but wasn’t. He said he’ll message me soon.

Any dumpers here done the same thing before? What made you think you weren’t ready still?
1
0