People, would you keep something valuable such as jewelry and such from an ex?

Paolaa988
I wouldn't because i don't wanna remember what we shared together and their my ex for a reason and yesterday i threw away this pandora ring my ex boyfriend bought me because seeing it on my nightstand was making me have thoughts of him over and over again and making me feel worse. I think mentally and emotionally throwing it away was the best thing i could've did. I have this stuffed animal from my childhood crush but that's a completely different story and we didn't end on bad term but my ex boyfriend was nothing but bad news and he basically cheated. I also don't want to keep anything like that around when i get into a new relationship one day and it feels disrespectful and hurtful to a new boyfriend and potential husband.
6 d
The ring he got me was only $40 or 50 dollars at Pandora so im not gonna waste my time with it and even then he wasn't considerate and kind of was whiney about buying me it in the first place then kind of came around after but i enjoyed it through the good parts of our relationship and always always wore it but after my ex treated me the way he did i felt a sigh of relief and more at peace throwing it away.
24
34