I got my heart broken by a guy. After two years he still tries to contact me and rumor has it he might be getting married too. Why?

Anonymous
Long story short, he was the first guy I actually liked and he wanted to marry me (his idea not mine). However, it turned out that he was divorced... had a son with his ex and currently has a girlfriend too. When I found out, I immediately stopped crushing on him and cut him off. Despite me cutting him off he never stopped trying to find a way to reach out to me. Fast forward to today, he is still contacting me but rumor has it he might be getting married (his girlfriend is pushing for it). My question is, why is he still looking for me?
2
2