Why I do I still love this person when he treated me horribly?

Anonymous
I was In a bad and toxic relationship. He was abusive and I got out of it and away from him. I changed my number. I blocked all of his socials but it has been two weeks and he still was sending me little messages as if we are still together like “where are you?”
“Bae?” He’ll send he messages asking if I want to hang out and do things, apologizing etc and it didn’t matter how many times I blocked his social media he would make another one so now I have made all new social media’s and deleted my old ones and though I never responded I can’t tell you how many times I was tempted to forgive him and I don’t understand why. He treated me so bad. His abuse had gotten so bad. He would kick me. Black my eye. Drag me off the bed, slap me so hard that sometimes he would pop a vessel in my eye and it would be red for days etc and I just don’t get how I still feel love for him despite how he treated me but I know I’m better off without him.
1
0