Please read the details. What would you do if your ex fiance asked you to marry them in front of your child?

Anonymous
*My ex isn't my son's father*

It was just a regular night. He wanted to come over to my house to play with my child (he's known my son for four years so they are close) and we were going to hang out because we decided to still be friends after I cut off the engagement.. He was really upset after thw breakup but still wanted to be friends.. it was going ok for a while until this. I left him because jebwas posessive, and emotionally abusive. But, he was still my best friend.
I was cleaning in my room, and I was exhausted. He sits down next to me crying, holding my old engagement ring, and says "will you marry me?" Right in front of my son.. I turned away silent and disgusted, because he knew the answer. I didn't want to make a scene because my child was there closely watching. I whispered to my ex, "why would you do that in front of him.." of course my 6 year old says "mommy marry him" over and over. I look like the bad guy.. I'm still sitting there looking away quietly. I change the subject by telling my child it was bedtime and that I would read him a book. I quietly asked my ex to leave because what he did was inappropriate. As i hugged my child, put him in bed, and read to him, my son starts crying. I thought my ex left but he didn't.. he goes in the room and cuddles my child asking whats wrong.. i obviously knew what was wrong.. what just happened should NOT have been seen with my son around making him confused. I desperately wanted my ex to leave.. but my son was crying and I didmt want to make things worse.
1
0