Is it unusual to still think about one's high school crush everyday, even after many years?

Anonymous
I remember creating a girlsaskguys account (my first one) probably over 7 years ago, just to get advice on her specifically. We just stopped talking... before anything actually happened. I might feel a bit unresolved over the whole ordeal because I don't really know what happened and I will never know if we would have worked well together. She was, and still in my mind is, the pretty women I have ever seen. I haven't had a girlfriend seen, but have been looking (of course, not as of the pandemic). I don't even remember what she looks like and we have only seen each other 2-3 times over the years (each time we just look at each other and don't say anything). Even though I would think I don't have those feelings anymore, they would show up as if they never left.

I frequently wonder about her, and get caught in "what if" traps. I don't know anything about what she is doing now. I hope she is doing okay. I worry that thinking about her, even after all this time, is some kind of mental illness. Maybe that only way to move on is to be in a fulfilling relationship? Thoughts?
2
4