How do you know if his new girlfriend is a rebound or if he chose her over being with you?

Anonymous
This is not to disrespect the girl my ex got with after me. I don’t even know this girl personally. But the ending of my first relationship was complicated. I didn’t know if it was appropriate to give up because he was going through a lot and he was pushing me away. He had to downgrade his living situation, was in the middle of a family feud and had had multiple deaths in his family. I was going through a very similar situation myself so I understood his pain. However, because I was in a similar situation and I didn’t attempt to push him away, I was hurt. I needed him and he was pushing me away instead of being there. He wouldn’t even text back sometimes and before I knew it he was ghosting me for a month. When we finally had a conversation we slept together and it seems that he missed me. The vibe I got from him that day was like he was relieved that I was there even just to talk. He cried in my arms and just let everything out and said he loved me and I said the same. But immediately after he moved on to another relationship without telling me. I found out about it by coincidentally coming across and then subsequently stalking the girls Facebook page and finding out that he had started dating this girl who described him as her “best friend” a couple days after he and I had our final talk. He looked happy in the video of them on a date-a stark contrast to the way he would look when he was around me. I always saw him stressed and I was always having to jump into action to uplift him. He was always vulnerable and sad and frustrated and in the video he looked rejuvenated, excited, silly... I wondered why he saved all his happiness for somebody else when all I did was love him. From what I saw on Facebook, they broke up very soon after because something he did majorly disappointed her (which she didn’t disclose). I don’t own him, I just felt so hurt. And knowing what his motive was would determine whether I should be angry at him or whether I can understand his side
1
1