Did I made a vow for nothing (I broke it)?

Anonymous
Long ago, I made a personal vow (even wrote it on my diary) during childhood about leaving if he ever throws blows or use any force on me in anger. Growing up, I've seen it happening within certain relatives and in my surrounding. I didn't want to become another victim.

My 7 month-old relationship ended last week for that same reason. It was an open hand during an argument and my vow was followed but here is the twist: it didn't come from him. I have no excuse whatsoever. I feel like garbage. By logic, the break-up was fair. I can't help but feel I've made a vow for nothing. I made it and it was me that broke it. Was my made vow for nothing?
1 mo
Here is another irony: I've called him twice this week, trying to see if there is a way to work through this bad incident and I really believe it'll never happen again but I got rejected. Fair enough. Still... I feel so ashamed of myself.
Basically this is what they must all be doing right? Asking for a second chance? I guess I'm a trashy hypocrite at this time. I feel like total garbage.
1
0