Have you ever thought that someone had a good reason to leave but that they left in a hurtful way which made you angry at them?

Anonymous
When I met my first love, I think he was the only guy who was different in my eyes. I felt so comfortable with him, like he accepted me on a deeper level than others. I could just be myself around him about anything and somehow he just got me. But my life began to spiral out of control. Me and his relationship got rocky because he lied about something and we actually broke up because of it. But outside of that, I felt that I had an even bigger problem. I was losing everything! I lost some family members to death, some of them to mental illness, some of them betrayed me. Me and my family ended up having our home vandalized so that it was unlivable and were homeless for a few months. My parents were using me for money and I felt hopeless. I was on the verge on losing my job, and I felt that my relationship with my ex was all I had that still felt like it could be salvaged. I tried and tried to repair what had went wrong between us. But there’s something about trying to fix something you didn’t break that makes you feel bad... and eventually I lost myself because of that feeling of being pitiful. It came to a point where I loved my him and I honestly felt like he loved me too because sometimes he was there. He didn’t know what I was going through because I never told him the full story but when my cousin died he was there. When I would randomly burst into tears he wouldn’t ask a million questions he would just hug me and be there. I tried to end things cordially between us because it wasn’t working and he is the one who insisted and even cried to me that he wanted it to work and that he would change. So it’s not that he eventually left that hurt, it’s HOW he left. He gave me all this false hope when he was all I had. Just for him to eventually ghost me. He recently tried to reconnect and the only reason I accepted his apology is because I do understand that I was a lot to deal with with all my personal problems. But being led on was not something I deserved
1
0