My ex wanted to be friends after not talking for years, now he doesn’t speak to me, why?

Anonymous
My ex and I had a pretty messy break up but we spent 4 years together. He was the only real friend and best boyfriend I’ve ever had. When we split up I dated someone else for three years. In that time he reached out to me but I didn’t message back to respect my boyfriend of that time. The boyfriend I had was very abusive in many ways and I finally left him. I reached out to my ex to apologize for how we broke up, and all the hurt I caused. He apologized back and told me he’d like to keep in touch. I was so happy to hear that. We spoke on the phone for 5 hours. A few days later He invited me over. we had a great conversation like we never stopped talking. I have social anxiety so being able to talk to someone and feel comfortable is rare for me. Naturally I latched on to him and our friendship. When I mentioned us being friends, he kind of got quite. After I left his house he didn’t really message me any more. I would always reach out but he never would reach out to me. We had a photoshoot for a mutual acquaintance and he was there. He asked a lot of people around him (mainly women) to join him for his up and coming shoot but not me. I even asked him to be apart of my work and he agreed but didn’t include me in his. My heart was broken all over again because I really wanted a friendship. Why did this happen.
0
1