I stopped hanging out with my ex bc he was looking on dating apps while we were together & talking about new hookups. Was this the right thing to do?

Anonymous
I get it. Guys/girls are allowed to do what they want after a breakup. He is allowed to have hookups and date other people. We were “friends”, & hanging out 3 months after breakup, but my ex was using dating apps clearly in front of me in a group setting whenever we hung out. He didn't seem to notice, & didn’t do it at first but it then it was pretty much every day. He also talked about dating app dates that were coming up. Clearly it made me a bit uncomfortable. I brought it up and asked him not to do it in front of me, but the next week we hung out, he was on his phone again. The breakup was a little rough for me, so clearly I wasn’t ready to be in consistent contact like this. I feel bad, & I wanted to be friends, but I removed myself from the situation, & he hasn’t spoken to me since. I don’t think he’ll ever talk to me again. I’m not sure if this was the right thing to do. Should I have accepted & been friends? Or stayed in this situation. I wish I could be friends with him but don’t think he will speak to me again!
0
1