Would throwing away my ex's gifts, letters and deleting our mutual friends help me move on?

casanova311
Me and my ex-girlfriend lived together but she had to go home so we became long-distance. The day she left she wrote me a letter saying" How much she appreciated my love for her and for that she will be my life partner. She told me dont worry because life can't always be good but if we love each other we will make it work for our future. I can't wait to see when we will meet again, you are the most blessed gift that i was given, and i love you more than anyone". She gave my mom a silver stone necklace. A month later she broke up with me long distance, and we have not spoken in almost 3 years. I miss her so much every day and i would give anything to see her again. I know that I probably will never hear from her or see her again, and it hurts so much even after three years. I can't believe that same person that wrote that letter is a live and walking around somewhere and doesn't want anything to do with me. However, I have to move on and whenever i see that necklace and especially if i see her letter i feel there's hope and i think maybe she was not lying maybe she will come back. She blocked me but her friend that introduced me to her is still connected with me and for some reason i see her as hope. The problem is in this situation i have no hope to get her back in my life and im wasting so much time. The only thing is i feel if i throw away these things i will regret it? Does anyone have any advice.
1
3